STORY SONG: Because... With A Little Help From Friends

Every year for Christmas, my family and another family (with whom we're friends) get together to share the holiday and to JAM. That means we play music for fun. And it happens that we're all big fans of the Beatles. So here is one of the COVERS we did. A cover is a song from another artist that you play.









The lyrics are on the video for you to read as you watch.



Key English expressions: turn on, blow my mind, make me cry

to TURN you ON (phrasal verb): to excite you or get your enthusiastic interest
to BLOW YOUR MIND (idiom): to completely amaze and surprise you
to MAKE YOU CRY (collocation): when something brings tears to your eyes

Questions:

What TURNS you ON?
What BLOWS YOUR MIND?
What MAKES YOU CRY?

What do you think this song is really about?

When I was younger, I USED TO play in a rock band. Today, I still play music for fun. What do you do for fun?


Comments

  1. You can play the bass and sing as well? Wow! You're so amazingly talented, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to have fun! Thanks for the kind words, Juliar! =)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts